‘You can go outside and spit and have the same effect as doubling carbon dioxide’
Composition Of Earth’s Atmosphere
Nitrogen (N2) 780,840 ppmv (78.084%)
Oxygen (O2) 209,460 ppmv (20.946%)
Argon (Ar) 9,340 ppmv (0.9340%)
Carbon dioxide (CO2) 383 ppmv (0.0383%)
Neon (Ne) 18.18 ppmv (0.001818%)
Helium (He) 5.24 ppmv (0.000524%)
Methane (CH4) 1.745 ppmv (0.0001745%)
Krypton (Kr) 1.14 ppmv (0.000114%)
Hydrogen (H2) 0.55 ppmv (0.000055%)
Nitrous oxide (N2O) 0.3 ppmv (0.00003%)
Xenon (Xe) 0.09 ppmv (9×10-6%)
Ozone (O3) 0.0 to 0.07 ppmv (0%-7×10-6%)
Nitrogen dioxide (NO2) 0.02 ppmv (2×10-6%)
Iodine (I) 0.01 ppmv (1×10-6%)
Carbon monoxide (CO) 0.1 ppmv
Ammonia (NH3) trace
Not included in above dry atmosphere:
Water vapor (H2O) ~0.40% over full atmosphere, typically 1%-4% at surface
“Greenhouse” gases :
Gases in an atmosphere that are believed to absorb and emit radiation within the thermal infrared range. This process is the fundamental cause of the ‘greenhouse effect’. The most common greenhouse gas in the atmosphere is Water Vapour at about 0.4% overall and typically 1%-4% at surface. Less concentrated greenhouse gases include carbon dioxide (0.035%), methane (0.0001745%), nitrous oxide (0.00003%), ozone (0%-7×10-6%), and chlorofluorocarbons.
Looking at the same facts using an analogy:
Imagine 1 kilometre of atmosphere and we want to get rid of the carbon pollution in it definitely created by human activity. Let’s go for a walk along it.
• The first 770 metres are Nitrogen.
• The next 210 metres are Oxygen.
• That’s 980 metres of the 1 kilometre. 20 metres to go.
• The next 10 metres are water vapour. 10 metres left.
• 9 metres are argon. Just 1 more metre.
• A few gases make up the first bit of that last metre.
• The last 38 centimetres of the kilometre – that’s carbon dioxide. A bit over one foot.
• 97% of that CO2 is produced by Mother Nature. It’s natural.
• Out of our journey of one kilometre, there are just 12 millimetres left. Just over a centimetre – about half an inch. That’s the amount of CO2 that global human activity has put into the atmosphere.
This is no conspiracy theory it is basic science. Go grab an encyclopaedia and check for yourself if you don’t believe it. Then look into how much money Governments are going to make from taxing CO2 (billions) and how much Banks are going to make from Carbon Trading (trillions)
There are plenty of real pollution problems to worry about that carbon taxing will not address one iota, irrespective if, despite the absurdity of the politically and financially fuelled argument, it actually causes a “catastrophic” change in the weather.
The preceding post is under review for accuracy